Please let us know if you encounter any problems when using this award entry site, by filling in the form below.
You will receive an immediate email confirmation to let you know that we have received your query. Please do check your spam folder.
Please note that this channel is for technical queries only.
If you have already started your awards entry, please login below to edit and submit your form.
Terms and Conditions of Entry
1. The Creative Circle Awards are open to all those involved in advertising and marketing communication in the UK - Advertising Agencies, Digital Agencies, Direct Agencies, Production Companies, Design Companies, Event Companies, Advertisers, Individual Creatives, etc.
2. It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that the commissioning client has the rights to use the intellectual property of the brand advertised. Entries cannot be made without the prior permission of the advertiser/owner of the rights of the advertisement.
3. The Creative Circle Award organisers may refuse entries, which offend national or religious sentiments or public taste.
4. All entries must not have been entered into the same category in previous years.
5. Any entry which, up to and including the final day of judging, has infringed any voluntary or regulatory codes of practice, is not eligible. It is the responsibility of the entrant to inform the Creative Circle Award organisers should any infringement have arisen prior to the judging and Awards Ceremony.
6. All Entries must be designed for screening, transmission or publication on television, cinema, on printed material, mobile phones, the internet, or public areas and must have been implemented for the first time between 1st December 2016 to the end of February 2018. Entries cannot be cancelled or removed from the competition after being finalised.
7. All entries must have been made within the context of a normal paying contract with a client, except in the charities and public services categories. That Client must have paid for all, or the majority of the media costs.
9. The Creative Circle Award organisers may contact the client related to any entry at the request of the jury at any time during the voting process should any questions about the implementation or presentation of the work arise.
10. All entry forms must be completed online at creativecircle.co.uk
11. An entry will not be considered complete until it has been paid for.
Enforcement of the Rules
1. All entries must be submitted for judging exactly as published, aired or implemented and may not be modified for awards entry.
2. Directors cuts, spec ads and conceptual advertising are not eligible.
3. The Creative Circle Award organisers reserve the right to request a full media schedule from each entrant company to verify the authenticity of the ad(s) in the event that entry is shortlisted or a winner.
4. In the event of a complaint against any shortlisted, winning entry, the Creative Circle Award organisers will conduct a full investigation into each case and will request detailed documentation from all parties concerned including the complainant, the entrants and the client.
5. The Creative Circle Award organisers will have no hesitation in withdrawing an award in cases where the complaint is upheld.
6. Entrants or companies who are proved to have deliberately and knowingly contravened any rules relating to eligibility may be barred from entering the awards for a period of time following the Awards as specified by the organisers.
All entries will be judged by a UK based jury of creative people. There are 3 rounds of judging. Two of these are conducted online with the final, Gold round being chaired by the President at a UK venue. Round One will involve each entry being scored out of 10. The juries here are made up from the Creative Circle registered creatives from around our industry. The 5 highest scoring entries in each sub category will go through to Round Two. In Round Two, Senior creatives that have been invited by the President from around the industry will again score entries out of 10. The combined average score out of 10 from Round One and Two will decide which 3* entries from each category are Nominated to go into the final Gold Judging round. Here there will be 9 Gold juries:
1. Design and Craft, non film
2. Press, Outdoor and Radio
3. Music Video
4. Film 1
5. Film 2
6. Digital, Direct and Experiential 1
7. Digital, Direct and Experiential 2
8. Film Craft 1
9. Film Craft 1
Here debate and discussion will proceed the voting. The judges will then decide which pieces of work are worthy of winning an award of either Gold, Silver or Bronze by a unanimous vote. If any of the judges have a relationship with a piece of work being voted on they will be asked to leave the room.
Once all the Gold's have been agreed it is then left to the President to decide which of the Gold's is the Gold of Gold's winner of which there shall only be one.
At all voting stages, any judge is prevented from voting for entries submitted by his/her agency(ies). The decision of the Juries in all matters relating to the awarding of prizes will be final and binding.
*This is subject to the work achieving an average score of at least 5 or above
The Awards given are as follows:
Gold, Silver and Bronze winners are decided by the Gold Jury. The results of the Gold Judging sessions generates the Shortlist. Every entry on the Shortlist is an award winner and will be featured in the Circle magazine.
The Jury may choose more than one entry in each category as being worthy of winning either Gold, Silver or Bronze. Or they may decide there are no worthy award winners. Gold winners are presented on stage at the award ceremony. Silver winners are presented to the winning company at the event and Bronze award winners are able to collect their award from the awards desk. Each Gold award is a piece of the complete Circle on stage.
There is only ever one Gold of Gold’s winner.
The Talent Categories, Most Promising Newcomer and Best up and coming Director, are decided by the Judges online as the Creative Communities choice.
The Company Awards, Most Creative Agency, Most Creative Production or Most Creative Post Production House are judged by the relevant entrant companies success in winning Gold, Silver and Bronze in all categories.
All awards will be given to the relevant entrant companies. Duplicate trophies can be purchased by other participating parties after the awards ceremony.
Treatment and Publication of Entries
1. Entrants may be required to supply additional material of any shortlisted entry for the publication of the winners and any promotional publication and exhibitions held after the Awards ceremony.
2. In order to promote the awards, each entrant authorises the Organisers to screen or publish his ads with or without charge at public or private presentations, wherever and as often as the Organisers think fit.
3. In addition, each entrant undertakes to allow the lending or selling by the Organisers of the entries to any interested public or private organisation with a view to promoting the awards either directly or indirectly.
4. Any entry may be compiled by the Organisers into a collection of entries. Such a collection may not, nor may any extracts of it, be copied, marketed or sold by any organisation other than the awards Organisation or any organisation authorised to do so by the awards Organisation.
5. Each entrant agrees to assist the awards Organisers in supporting any legal action that may be taken to prevent a breach of this condition and to supply information to the Organisers immediately should they become aware that an unauthorised collection or compilation is available for sale or distribution.
6. Each entrant agrees to hold the award Organisers harmless of any claims that may be made against them by reason of any such screenings or publishing. Winners have the right to use any award given to them for promotional purposes on condition that this is correctly described.
7. All entrants must accept that their entries may be used in the Creative Circles Archive.
8. Each entrant confirms to the Organisers that they have the legal right to enter the awards on the terms of these Entry Rules. Each entrant indemnifies the Organisers against all liability to any other person, firm or company and all loss arising from a breach by the entrant of any of these rules.
1. Each entrant accepts full responsibility for the quality of entries and discharges the Organisers from any responsibility in respect of third parties.
2. All entrants will strictly observe the Entry Rules. Completion and sending of the Entries Payment Form will imply full acceptance by each entrant of the Creative Circles Rules. Non-compliance with any of the Entry Rules will result in automatic disqualification of the entry.
3. The decisions of the Creative Circle awards Organisers in all matters relating to the awards show shall be final and binding.
4. In the event of a win, any duties, fees and charges accrued from the transporting of the trophy, will be covered by the recipient, not the Creative Circle.
5. The Creative Circle Ltd, shall not be deemed to be in breach of this Agreement or otherwise liable to the Client for any failure or delay in performing its obligations under this Agreement as a result of an event or series of connected events outside the reasonable control of The Creative Circle (including, without limitation, acts of God, floods, lightning, storm, fire, explosion, natural disaster (including, without limitation, ash cloud), war, military operations, acts of terrorism or threats of any such acts, any strike action, lock-outs or other industrial action, or governmental or regulatory order (including prohibitions on public gatherings) and a pandemic, epidemic (such as swine flu or other disease) or other widespread illness, individually or collectively being an "Event of Force Majeure").
By using the www.awardstage.com website (“Service”) you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”). The Service is provided by Oval Systems Limited (the “Company”), a private limited company registered in England and Wales (Company No. 04878752; Registered Office: Chancery House, 30 St Johns Road, Woking, Surrey, GU21, UK)
The Company reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. We advise that you consult the Terms of Service prior to each use of the Service.
The Service is designed for the purpose of awards management and enables individuals to be nominated and considered for awards, prizes and other recognitions of merit (“Awards”).
Please note that the Company does not make decisions about which individuals should receive Awards and that the Service is a mere platform through which third parties (awards organisers) can gather information relating to Awards that they may wish to grant, and via with they can co-ordinate their judging and awarding processes.
In order to use the Service you must create an individual account (an “Account”) by registering your unique user details with Company.
When you register to use the Service your level of access will be determined by whether you register as a:
You will be informed of your level of access privileges when you first generate your Account on the Service. If your access privileges change for any reason, then you will be informed of this by the Company by e-mail or via the Service.
You can cancel your Account by using the functionality provided in the personalised ‘account’ page displayed on the Service or by contacting AwardStage via the online help form on awardstage.com.
You agree that all information and data that you upload to the Service, which includes publicly viewable information, information viewable only by Judges, and private information relating to your Account (all “User Content”) may not be removed from the Service upon cancellation of your Account and the Company reserves the right to retain any and all User Content which you have uploaded. This does not affect your rights with regard to Personal Data or Sensitive Personal Data under the GDPR.
The Company, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your Account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any other Company service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of your access to the Service will result in the deactivation, cancellation or deletion of your Account, or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all of your User Content stored by the Service. In such an event, the Company reserves the right to delete any and all of your User Content. The Company reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
The Company reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice at any time, and you agree that the Company shall have no liability to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
By submitting User Content to the Service you agree to grant the Company a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, global licence to use, display, adapt, modify and store that User Content and all intellectual property rights inherent to it as the Company may deem reasonably necessary in order to enable the provision of the Service to you and to other users, and to enable its users to grant Awards to individuals. You further agree that the Company may grant sub-licences to third parties to use any and all User Content submitted by you to the Service, including without restriction permitting individuals to quote, paraphrase, and otherwise re-distribute your User Content contributions in any form or medium that they may deem fit.
You agree that you have no right to anonymity in respect of User Content which you submit. Your submissions may be released to a wider audience and representations that you have made concerning third parties (including, for the avoidance of doubt, Entrants and individuals who may be considered for Awards) may be attributed to you, and that your identity and/or your authorship of your User Content may be made known to third parties as the Company, and/or its licensees, may deem necessary. You agree and understand that this is expected conduct in the course of entering an awards programme.
By accepting these Terms of Service you agree that you will not upload to the Service any User Content which is unlawful, offensive, threatening, libellous, defamatory, pornographic, or obscene, and agree that the Company shall be entitled to edit, delete or remove of such User Content as it deems fit.
Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any member of the Company, or any other user of the Service will result in immediate Account termination.
The Company may, but has no obligation to, remove User Content and Accounts containing User Content that it determines in its sole discretion is unlawful, offensive, threatening, libellous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property rights or these Terms of Service.
You recognise that User Content uploaded by other users of the Service is their sole responsibility and that their contributions do not represent the views or opinions of the Company or any third party. In the event that you consider any User Content that may feature on the Service to be unlawful, defamatory, or otherwise objectionable you accept that your sole remedy shall be against the individual who submitted the relevant User Content to the Service and that the Company shall have no liability for its publication.
VIDEO CONTENT – The Company uses third party hosting services to store, and re-distribute to other users of the Service (such as Judges), any video-based User Content that you upload to the Service. By submitting video-based User Content in this way you are agreeing to the Company’s use of third party storage agents in this way and agree that the Company will have no liability to you for any failure to store, or to store securely, any such content.
Where you are provided access to video-based User Content as a result of your use of the Service you must keep that User Content (and any access code or similar device that you may use to access it) confidential, and you must not copy (including by downloading and saving a copy to your computer), redistribute, or otherwise exploit that content for any reason. Breach of this clause will be considered a serious and material breach of this agreement and may be a criminal offence; as such, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Company against any loss or damage that it may suffer as a result of your breach of this clause.
You agree that the Company is the owner of all intellectual property rights (which includes, but is not limited to, all copyright, trademarks, patents, design rights, database rights, logos, domain names, and business names) inherent in the Service. The Company reserves all relevant rights in the Service and you agree that your use of it will not entitle you to receive any intellectual property rights relating to the Service.
Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis.
You understand that the Company uses third-party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage and related technology required to run the Service and consent to its use of the same.
You must not modify or adapt the Service for any reason without the Company’s prior written consent. You must not hack the Service. You must not do anything to the Service, nor modify another website, so as falsely to imply that you, or any other website or commercial entity with which you may be associated, is associated with the Service, Company or any other Company service.
All content and information which features on the Service is provided for your information only. It is not intended to amount to advice (legal, medical, professional, or otherwise) on which you should rely. You agree that you will obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content featured on the Service.
The Company makes no representation or warranty that content featured on the Service will be accurate, complete or up-to-date.
The Company has no responsibility for the ultimate grant or assignment of Awards; each Award is assigned at the discretion of the third party which commissioned it and the Judges that any such third party may appoint. You recognise that the Service is merely a platform that enables the gathering of information relating to, and the assignment of, Awards and that the Company plays no part in the ultimate grant of any individual Award. As such, you agree that the Company shall have no liability for the grant of any Award in any fashion which you may consider to be erroneous or unfair and you agree that your sole remedy in such circumstances shall be against the party which commissioned and/or awarded the relevant Award and that the Company shall have no liability to you.
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service or access to the Service without express written permission from Company.
You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your User Content, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
You may link to the Service from other websites, provided that you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. The Service must not be framed or reproduced on any other website. Company reserves the right to withdraw linking permission from any party and for any reason without notice.
You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMS or ‘spam’ messages or content via the Service For the avoidance of doubt, attempting any form of ‘distributed denial of service’ attack against the Service shall be a breach of this clause.
You must not use or attempt to use the Service to transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
Company does not warrant that (i) the Service will meet your specific requirements; (ii) the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free; (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable; (iv) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
You agree that this agreement shall be the sole agreement between you and Company and that all prior representations and warranties shall not be a part of it.
You expressly understand and agree that the Company shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages) resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the Service; (v) any virus or harmful code which may infect your computer via the Service, (vi) any reliance by you on any information or content featured on the Service; or (vii) any other matter relating to the Service.
Nothing in this agreement shall limit the Company’s liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
The failure of Company to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between you and Company and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Company (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
This agreement, its subject matter and its formation, are governed by English Law. You agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org